Forum for Women in Architecture and Related Design
The Forum for Women in Architecture and Related Design (ForWARD) provides programming and community for the diverse group of women involved in the built environment. ForWARD sponsors events throughout the year: speakers, building tours, panel discussions, and more, allowing our members to network across disciplines, explore design related interests, and mentor one another. ForWARD is open to all disciplines of building, design and related topics, and all events are open to the public.
Jennifer Wright, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Contact us and be added to our email list to receive all event updates: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get involved with ForWARD!
Based on the feedback we received from the survey, ForWARD supporters would like to see more programs, tours and inspiring events in 2017. We are excited to provide fresh and innovative content in the new year, but we need your help to pull it all off!
Listed below are several opportunities for you or your group to get involved with the committee. Please email email@example.com if you would like to know more about and/or get involved with any of these tasks:
Volunteer to coordinate specific events planned for 2017:
- Help is needed to plan an educational event, in partnership with the AIA COTE Committee, that would highlight sustainability & design. Perspectives from many different viewpoints: developers, architects, non-profit agencies and contractors. This group would be in charge from the beginning, helping to brainstorm a clear topic, all the way through to the final event in partnership with both committees.
- Help plan the 4th Annual 2017 FastForWARD. This yearly spring event is modeled after the Pecha Kucha presentation, where each presenter will show 20 images, each for 20 seconds. The images advance automatically, as speakers talk along to the images. This sub-committee will be in charge of choosing a strong theme, sourcing speakers, coordinating outreach/marketing efforts and putting on a fabulous event!
Volunteer to help with on-going efforts:
Sub-committee to help plan on-going social programs that align with our mission.
- The goal of this sub-committee is to focus on brainstorming events which would promote & progress ForWARD’s mission of providing camaraderie and friendship through design related interests. In general, this sub-committee would focus on the following efforts:
- Strategize on ways to successfully collaborate with other professions and aligned industries to gain insight and grow collaborative networks
- Organize design charettes and community projects
- Arrange project tours and field trips
- Identify and coordinate volunteer efforts with groups and organizations
- Plan fun activities that promote connections and a strong community
Sub-committee to help plan on-going educational programs that align with our mission.
- The goal of this sub-committee is to focus on brainstorming educational events which would promote & progress ForWARD’s mission of providing programming and continued expertise for the diverse group of women involved in the built environment. In general, this sub-committee would focus on the following efforts:
- Investigate career development ideas that resonate with all stages of a career
- Lead the on-going Connect with a Leader mentoring program and consider ways of expanding the effort to reach a broader audience
- Identify timely content/themes for discussion and select speakers who are experts in the topic
- Support efforts that strive to promote equity in the field and increase the recognition of underrepresented groups