Intern / Designer
BKL|A Architecture is seeking a creative person with 1-4 years of architectural experience to join our team. If you are someone who is self-motivated, amiable, and well organized – this position may be for you. It is ideal for someone who is interested in collaboration on all projects and ownership of small ones. The candidate should possess enthusiasm for design, affection for material exploration, and appreciation for the challenge of architectural resolutions within the constraints mandated in todays society. Mentorship is implied as a condition of collaboration.
As a firm, we aim to create responsible, responsive and enjoyable designs. Collaboratively. The making of space takes the efforts of many. The owner, architect, consultants and the contractor all must work together. The success of any project is wholly dependent on collaborative efforts by the team. If that sounds like you, check us out.
Ideal qualifications for this position:
- People positive attitude
- Self-motivated, organized
- 1-4 years of architectural experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in architecture from an accredited institution is preferred, but broadly experienced individuals are also encouraged.
- Ability to convey ideas through hand drawing, study models and alternative media. (passion for this is encouraged)
- Finish model craftsmanship.
- Desire for licensure (if not already achieved)
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite
- Proficiency in creative physical and 3D modeling
- Experience in assembling construction documents
- Able to convey their personal design philosophy
- Interested in furthering professional goals
Please send a cover letter stating current availability, resume, and relevant work samples in a single pdf (no larger than 10 MB) - OR - a link to an on-line portfolio to Brett K. Laurila at email@example.com with the subject line “I think bkla is for me.” No phone calls or walk-ins please.