Senior Interior Designer
Scott|Edwards Architecture is seeking a Senior Interior Designer to join our staff. S|E A is a firm built on the idea that innovative design solutions result from a collaborative effort between designer, client and community. To this end we look for talented, versatile team members who enjoy working in an open studio environment that facilitates interaction and creativity. Our working environment is defined by energy, enthusiasm and collaboration. As a firm our commitment extends well beyond specific projects. We forge lasting relationships with clients and actively support organizations that similarly embrace our pursuit of social, cultural, and environmental sustainability.
For the position of Senior Interior Designer we are seeking a candidate with strong design and technical skills, augmented by a proven ability to take a project through all levels of development and communicate professionally and effectively with our clients.
Only resumes supporting the following qualifications and experience will be considered:
- Interiors/Architectural degree from an accredited school
- 10+ years professional experience in design and construction document production
- Diversity in project experience
- Lead daily interaction with clients, architectural teams and design teams
- Ability to manage and mentor junior staff members
- Strong project management skills
- Manage client relationships
- Production and oversight of space plans, pricing documents, construction documents
- Develop functional and aesthetic design within budget, TI allowance, or benchmark
- Coordination with other disciplines to complete a project
- Construction administration experience including review of contractor payment requests, schedules & change orders, attending regular site meetings, RFI responses, shop drawing reviews
- Experience with specifying, purchasing, field verification and installation of FF&E
- Knowledge of building and safety codes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation skills required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is required with skill in Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp preferred
Scott|Edwards Architecture offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Our ‘People First | Design Forward’ philosophy has resulted in S|EA being named one of Oregon’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” by both Oregon Business Magazine and The Oregonian.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and sampling of your work for immediate consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.