Sr. Real Estate Coordinator
At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation’s leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we’re committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you’re in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We’re in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We’re at offices with KinderCare Education at Work , our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we’re at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
The real estate coordinator role is embedded in the Real Estate team, whose mission is to strategically manage the real estate portfolio via capital investment in new center development and expansions.
The primary focus of this position is to own the process necessary to move sites through the site selection and approval process, using strong communication, organization, and leadership skills, and providing excellent customer service to the cross-functional team. The coordinator position is a critical driver of overall team success.
- Research potential new sites by analyzing market statistics, demographics, trade areas, competition, and site availability/viability
- Lead sites through the site approval and selection process, ensuring milestones are met and sites progress in efficient manner, while minimizing deviation from process
- Actively prepare for and participate in weekly team meetings regarding potential sites, including accurate and timely report preparation, and communicating required next steps
- Work closely in a fast-paced environment with cross functional business partners, both internally and externally, and most importantly with the Real Estate Director
- Research potential competitors, including gathering data and information via web research, phone calls/emails; summarize research in useful manner for distribution to other team members
- Develop materials to be used for communication with internal stakeholders, such as field operators and executives for potential sites in a thorough and accurate manner
- Coordinate meetings, including communications and creation of support materials, documenting outcomes and drive follow-up
- Provide support for the Real Estate Director as requested, including managing multiple changing priorities, and communicating and gathering information from external parties
- Provide continuous input regarding process improvement for workflows in order to reduce site selection and approval process timelines for new sites
- Act as subject matter expert for the department on the site selection and approval process, which may include creating and maintaining process documents, and partnering on technology solutions
- Related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate, or other applicable degree or certification preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in commercial real estate, design/construction field, or in a project coordinator role strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to drive results and follow-up with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of the organization, as well as external partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to be tactful in fast-paced environment
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to comprehend and synthesize information
- Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize assignments, ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to self-direct and manage time effectively
- Ability to learn quickly when facing new problems, analyzing both successes and failures for improvement
- Ability to manage through shifting priorities quickly and comfortably
- Comfortable expressing divergent opinions in a constructive and engaging manner
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to read and understand maps/Google Earth
- MS Office Suite competency, including basic Excel skills
- Familiarity with commercial real estate practices and terminology preferred
To apply for this position, please click here.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.