Statewide Sustainability Officer
The Oregon Department of Administrative Services (DAS), Enterprise Asset Management division is seeking a collaborative Statewide Sustainability Officer who can build consensus among groups with diverse backgrounds and view points.
- Serve as DAS statewide expert for energy, resource-related, and sustainability issues.
- Facilitator for the Oregon Sustainability Board.
- Develop rule, policies and procedures that govern state agency resource use and sustainable practices in all state owned buildings.
- Coordinate program development and implementation efforts with other agencies and local government.
- Track resource and sustainability related legislative bills, prepare testimony and reports.
- Manage any required contracts for consultants or other services related to the implementation of resource conservation and sustainability planning.
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and five years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to eight years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
- Proficient communication skills orally and in writing with groups of individuals with diverse viewpoints and backgrounds.
- Strong skill in integrating, translating and facilitating groups of individuals with diverse viewpoints to find and resolve issues and concerns.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of sustainability.
- Proficient at virtual conferencing/Power Point/Skype.
- Strong ability to adapt to technology.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Adept at navigating the organization with networks and approach to build consensus and foster collaboration with wide groups.
- Working knowledge of statutes, administrative rules, policies, and associated potential complications and problems.
- Skill in analyzing general, statistical and technical reports.
- Skill in presenting, defending or verifying the accuracy of data, research or administrative studies.
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply for this position please apply by March 27, 2017 through the link provided.
The Department of Administrative Services is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity.